10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience some of Transylvania's lesser-known natural and cultural treasures on this full-day combo tour from Sibiu. Take the scenic alpine Transfagarasan highway, one of Europe's highest road, into the Fagaras Mountains, where you'll hike to the glacial Balea Lake. Admire the diverse architecture of Romania at the Gothic Cistercian Abbey near Cârţa and the stately 18th-century Brukenthal Palace, a masterwork of Baroque style.
- Private day trip to Balea Lake from Sibiu
- Follow the winding Transfagarasan highway, the most scenic road in Romania
- Hike alpine trails to reach beautiful Balea Lake in the Fagaras Mountains
- See the ruins of the fortified Cistercian Abbey of Carta
- Visit the elegant Baroque Brukenthal Palace in Arvig
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
English speaking guide/driver, according to the program for 1 day from/to Sibiu
Transport with air-conditioned car from/to Sibiu
Map of Romania
Supplement for Cable Car at Balea Lake € 19,00/person
Entrance fees to the Fortified Church in Carta and Buckental Palace in Avrig: € 6,00/person
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Meeting point: In front of your hotel in Sibiu
Departure hour: 10:00 AM
Operating days: Daily
Duration: 10 hours
Route: Sibiu – Transfagarasan Road – Carta - Avrig - Sibiu
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Carpathian Travel Center
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Tour to Balea Lake, Avrig and Carta?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Tour to Balea Lake, Avrig and Carta?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Tour to Balea Lake, Avrig and Carta?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Tour to Balea Lake, Avrig and Carta?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Tour to Balea Lake, Avrig and Carta
3 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingTrolley Tours Nature and WildlifeEco ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSibiuBus Tours - TransylvaniaHiking - TransylvaniaTrolley Tours - TransylvaniaNature and Wildlife - TransylvaniaEco Tours - TransylvaniaFull-day Tours - TransylvaniaBus Tours - SighisoaraHiking - SighisoaraTrolley Tours - SighisoaraNature and Wildlife - SighisoaraEco Tours - SighisoaraFull-day Tours - SighisoaraBus Tours - Cluj-NapocaHiking - Cluj-NapocaTrolley Tours - Cluj-NapocaNature and Wildlife - Cluj-NapocaEco Tours - Cluj-NapocaFull-day Tours - Cluj-NapocaCategory