- Full-day Zhujiajiao and Huangpu River experience from Shanghai
- Tour ancient Zhujiajiao water town, seeing its pretty waterways, lanes, and bridges
- Admire the quaint buildings dating from the Ming and Qing dynasties
- Learn how silk is made and browse ‘soft gold’ at a silk museum
- View Shanghai’s illuminated sights on an evening River Huangpu cruise
- Chinese buffet dinner included on board
- Admission fees, coach travel, plus central hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Downtown Shanghai hotel pick-up & drop-off service (only for hotels in city center)
What To Expect
On route, hear about Zhujiajiao’s 1,700-year-old history. Learn how, like other Chinese water towns, it developed around the trading routes of waterways and man-made canals along which goods were ferried from house to house.
After about an hour, arrive in Zhujiajiao, and take a walking tour of the fan-shaped old town, with its pretty canalside streets and Ming- and Qing-era architecture. Admire the old-time buildings and courtyards along the willow-shaded waterfronts, and take photos of the ornamental bridges. See landmarks including the Qing-period post office and opera house, as well as highlights like the Shanghai Handicrafts Exhibition Hall and art gallery.
Next, return to central Shanghai, and visit the Jiangnan Silk Museum. Discover how silk is made, and perhaps purchase some pieces of China’s ‘soft gold,' such as bedding and fashions.
Then, continue to the city’s Huangpu River and board a comfortable sightseeing boat for an evening cruise. Soak in the views of The Bund and Pudong’s skyscrapers, all beautifully illuminated against the darkness, as you savor a delicious onboard buffet dinner.
Finally, disembark and conclude with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Your guide will contact you 1 day in advance to confirm the departure time and pick-up place.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Trippest Mini Group Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.