- Culinary tour and tasting in Shanghai
- Taste traditional Shanghainese dishes
- Learn about how locals eat and spend free time in Shanghai
- Explore the famous Yunnan Road's restaurants
Departure & Return
Please meet up at Exit 2, South Huangpi Road Metro Station (Line 1) Directions: Take Shanghai Metro Station Line 1, and get off at South Huangpi Road Station. Your guide will be waiting for you at Exit 2. 你好，请带我去上海地铁1号线黄陂南路站2号出口
What To Expect
Make your first stop at a local restaurant serving up the best soup dumplings in the city. Find a table among the locals, then taste the famous dish and participate in an in-depth discussion on the flavor and consistency of the broth, the quality of the meat filling, and the texture of the dumplings' skin. Learn about the history of this dish as a Shanghainese staple.
Continue to the famous Yunnan Road, once the border between the French Concession area and the Shanghai residential areas. See the border where French-style apartments suddenly give way to traditional Chinese stone door houses (Shikumen).
Visit restaurants in the neighborhood to try local dishes and see how the native city residents eat and live. Taste dishes such as spring rolls, candied lotus rice, roasted duck, scallion oil noodles, red-braised pork, and parched chicken. Between stops, cleanse your palate with green or black tea and listen to your guide's commentary on Shanghai's culinary culture and traditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 3 are free of charge
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shanghai Foodie
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Whether you are a foodie or not, this tour is highly recommended!" See review
- "If you are looking for sophisticated food this is not your tour but if you want to experience authentic local food I cannot recommend this tour highly enough." See review
- "If you want to experience local things, I highly recommend this tour." See review