You may also like
- Horseback-riding tour in a rural area outside Sapporo
- Receive a riding lesson from an experienced instructor
- Take a gentle horse on a leisurely ride led by the instructor
- Enjoy views of orchards, forest and mountain scenery
- Includes round-trip taxi service with hotel pickup and drop-off
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Centrally located accommodation in Sapporo. We will advise you if an additional fee will apply due to the location.
What To Expect
Begin your horseback riding adventure with a pickup in the early morning in Sapporo by taxi, taking a 40-minute drive to the ride starting point to arrive in the morning. Start your excursion at Mustang Town, a simulated Old West village complete with all the typical structures of a Hollywood-style cowboy town.
Meet your instructor-guide for the day, also known as ‘the Sheriff,’ who will take you through a brief safety lesson, including tips for mounting your horse, holding the reins and tips for turning and stopping. Those with previous horse riding experience can request advanced tips from the instructor.
Then head out for your Wild West ‘patrol’ through the beautiful mountain trails nearby. Depending on the option you’ve selected, you’ll enjoy a 40-minute or 1-hour ride. Pass through picturesque fruit orchards and lush green hillsides along the way. You’ll also be able to spot the area’s unique 8-peak mountain visible in the distance.
Finish your horseback trip with a return by taxi to your hotel in Sapporo.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- 7 years old and above children who is able to hold the reigns of horse is acceptable
- Long pants, long sleeve, closed-toe shoes (Sneakers are recommended) are must
- Skirts, shorts, high heels, sandals are not allowed
- The guide/instructor will explain what to do in simple English
- Taxi drivers do not speak English but knows your destination
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Additional charges may apply in the case of any delay due to the customers always the possibility of an unexpected fall
- All courses are operated with the utmost caution; however, horses are live animals so there is always the possibility of an unexpected fall
- Sunscreen and bug repellent are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Horseback-Riding in a Country Side in Sapporo - Private Transfer is Included.