5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Santorini wears its rich history on its sleeve, with medieval buildings, Ottoman villages and weathered ruins all over the island. Rather than dealing with the hassle of organising your own transport, you can discover the island’s history and its vibrant modern culture on this tour around four of its southernmost villages. Visit the villages of Pyrgos, Megalochori and Emporio and Akrotiri excavations before ending your trip at a family-owned winery in Akrotiri, where you can sample their family wines and organic produce while watching the sunset over the Aegean Sea.
- For your convenience, this private tour begins and ends at your cruise ship or hotel
- End the road trip with organic food and wine made on the island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included for an added convenience
- See the famous excavations of the pre-historic town of Akrotiri
Saved to wishlist!
Homemade wine tasting accompanied by handmade organic products
Experienced local driver/guide
Private transportation by air-conditioned & deluxe van
Maps & live commentary
Free admission to Akrotiri Archaeological Site
Hotel Pick up & Drop off
Cable car tickets (6 EUR per person, per ride) for cruise ship travelers
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
-Hotel & Airbnb's: Pick up point is at the lobby or at the nearest point accessible by vehicle.
-Cruise ship travelers: Pick up point is at the top cable car exit, where your guide/driver will be holding a sign with your name written on.
-Airport & Ferry port travelers: Pick up point is at the arrivals terminal, where your guide/driver will be holding a sign with your name written on.
- Santorini Airport, Greece
- Athinios Ferry Port, Órmos Athiniós, Greece
- Τελεφερίκ Σαντορίνης - Άνω σταθμός, Ipapantis 10, Thira 847 00, Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Your guide/driver is not allowed to guide within Akrotiri's Excavations. You may hire one of the licensed guides in Archaeology provided by the site
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Post Covid-19 policy: Vehicles will be sanitized before every service - Alcohol based sanitizer will be in every vehicle - Hand sanitizing after each stop and before each departure - Travelers and guide/driver to wear facemarks and follow all health and safety guidelines - Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste disposed at the end of each service
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Santorini Road Trips
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursBus ToursMarketsPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingGreeceSantoriniShore Excursions - Cyclades IslandsFood Tours - Cyclades IslandsBus Tours - Cyclades IslandsMarkets - Cyclades IslandsPorts of Call Tours - Cyclades IslandsHalf-day Tours - Cyclades IslandsShore Excursions - KosFood Tours - KosBus Tours - KosMarkets - KosPorts of Call Tours - KosHalf-day Tours - KosShore Excursions - BodrumFood Tours - BodrumBus Tours - BodrumMarkets - BodrumPorts of Call Tours - BodrumHalf-day Tours - BodrumCategory