- Segway tour of Santa Monica and Venice Beach
- Admire top area sights including the Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach, and Muscle Beach
- Learn about the history and culture of these vibrant areas from your guide
- Segway instruction and safety equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departures
Departure & Return
Meet your tour guide at the beachfront entrance at the Hotel Casa Del Mar. There will be a guide with an Another Side Tours shirt on riding a Segway.
What To Expect
Start your Segway excursion from the Hotel Casa Del Mar along the Pacific Ocean, leaving at your chosen departure time with your guide. The trip kicks off with a quick safety orientation on proper Segway-riding technique. These personal transport devices are relatively simple to get the hang of, allowing you to start your exploration quickly.
Zoom along the surface of the Santa Monica Pier, taking a few moments to absorb the atmosphere of its street performers, many retail storefronts, restaurants, and amusement park rides. During your ride along the Pier, you can also see the Aquarium and Pacific Park. Proceed next to the California Heritage Museum, situated along Santa Monica’s Main Street, admiring the area’s luxurious homes while en route.
Move on to Venice, a unique coastal community designed by developer Abbot Kinney to resemble the canals of its Italian namesake. Today the town plays host to a cutting edge arts scene, vibrant beach culture, and plenty of bohemian atmosphere. Stop by the Venice Beach Boardwalk, where you can observe the famous weightlifters of ‘Muscle Beach,’ check out some of the numerous skate and surf shops and enjoy the colorful street art that lines the boardwalk’s many façades.
As you ride, listen for anecdotes and commentary from your guide. Hear a variety of insights about Santa Monica and Venice’s history, culture and residents. When you get hungry, dig into your complimentary chips and bottled water. You should also feel free to stop for photos at any time. Finish your Segway ride back at your starting point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please provide your contact information (i.e. email, phone number) in the Special Requirements box at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years. Riders 12 to 15 years must have a parent present to both sign a waiver and participate on the tour.
- Riders 16 to 17 years must have a parent present to sign a waiver but are allowed to ride without a parent present.
- Minimum weight is 100lbs (45kg), maximum is 250lbs (113kg)
- Pregnant woman are not allowed to participate
- While this tour is not physically demanding, you must have a decent level of fitness and be able to climb stairs without assistance
- Tours operate rain or shine
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Another Side Of Los Angeles Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms