- 4- or 5-day trek to Ciudad Perdida in the Sierra Nevada
- Discover Colombia’s ‘Lost City’ and learn about the ancient Tayrona culture from an expert guide
- Trek through the jungle, across rivers and past waterfalls
- Enjoy meals and downtime at three different camps along the way
- Pickup and drop-off in Santa Marta included
- Small-group tour limited to 11 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Depending on the length of the trek you choose, you’ll have time to visit local indigenous villages along the way, swim in natural pools and camp each night among the lush wilderness of the Colombian jungle. Your trip reaches its climax with a chance to explore Ciudad Perdida, admiring the sites intricate plazas and stone terraces carved into the hillside.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- PLEASE NOTE: To access Ciudad Perdida, you need a negative PCR COVID test at least 72 hours in advance. Failure to comply with this requirement, will result in cancellation of the tour.
- PLEASE NOTE: If the PCR COVID test is positive, you will have a full refund.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking
- We recommended you bring good hiking shoes, mosquito repellant, sunscreen, a hat and a refillable water bottle. You may also want to pack a flashlight, a roll of toilet paper, small snacks and hand sanitizer.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We recommended you bring a comfortable backpack and/or luggage that is easy to carry and ideally, waterproof.
- Quick dry clothes and towel are highly recommended but not mandatory.
- Lodging information: There will be both beds and/or hammocks available on all three campsites, all with mosquito nets. You will be assigned one or the other depending on availability. We will also provide blankets upon request since it can get chilly at night at the base of a snow-peak. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from sleeping in a hammock, please let us know in advance.
- Pick up time at your hotel or accommodation will happen between 8:00am and 9:00am
- Please Note: No plastic is allowed in the national park.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Impulse Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff