Explore our promoted experiences
- Introductory surfing lesson in southern California
- Hear insightful commentary from the instructor
- Surfboard and wetsuit provided for your use
- Includes picnic lunch on the beach
Departure & Return
Address: 3674 Pacific Coast Hwy, Ventura, CA 93001 21 miles south of Santa Barbara Directions: From the South: Take HWY 101 North past Ventura. Take Exit 72 toward State Beaches. Continue onto CA-1 North. Mondo's Beach will be on your left-hand side. Look for an Adventure Company van and park anywhere in this area. Your guide will be set up with boards and a Santa Barbara Adventure Company umbrella on the beach. If you cannot find your guide within a few minutes - PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE. From the North: This spot is approximately 21 miles or 25 minutes south of Santa Barbara. Take HWY 101 south past Carpinteria. Take Exit 78 for Pacific Coast Highway. The beach will be on your right-hand side. Look for an Adventure Company van and park anywhere in this area. Your guide will be set up with boards and a Santa Barbara Adventure Company umbrella on the beach. If you cannot find your guide within a few minutes - PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If your contact number is international please include your email address in the comment section.
- Children must be at least 7 years old, comfortable swimming in the ocean and ducking under waves
- Minimum numbers apply. Our surf lessons require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please free to call our office to confirm availability
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A full water bottle. 1 quart or greater - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle
- A hat with a brim.
- A beach towel
- Beach shoes or flips.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- Sweatshirt or sweater and a dry change of clothes
- Waterproof camera (optional)
- Lycra rashguard. (optional)
- Neoprene booties. (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santa Barbara Adventure Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands