- Take a sunset kayak tour along the shore of Santa Barbara
- Discover the beautiful beaches and diverse marine life of this unique coastal environment
- Get an introduction to kayaking or simply a chance to get on the water for a little while
- Learn about the astronomy and marine ecology of Southern California
- Enjoy the beautiful colors of the setting sun as it slowly 'melts' into the ocean
- Great trip for nature lovers and fans of outdoor activities
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin your trip in the late afternoon from Santa Barbara Harbor, beginning your adventure with a comprehensive lesson in kayaking safety and technique. You’ll receive a personal floatation device and a splash jacket, along with an explanation of how to paddle to maximize each stroke with minimal effort. Once you’re ready, travel out into the harbor in either a double- or single-person boat. As you complete your paddle trip, you’ll have plenty of time to admire the beautiful surroundings, checking out gorgeous views of the nearby beaches as you continue. Best of all, your trip takes place in the golden light at the end of the day, offering amazing chance to admire the ocean as its color slowly changes to a rosy orange and subtle pink in the setting sun.
While you paddle, your guide will also offer an introduction to the marine ecology and astronomy of Southern California, helping you to better connect to the natural environment of this unique aquatic environment. Return back to your original departure point to finish your kayaking adventure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- PLEASE NOTE: The start time changes throughout the year and is approximately 2 hours prior to sunset. Please call our office for confirmation of your meet time.
- If your contact number is international please include your email address in the comment section.
- Minimum numbers apply. Our kayak tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please feel free to call our office to confirm availability
- Children under 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- Although we offer dry bags to help keep gear dry, everything that comes on the kayaking trip runs the risk of getting wet. We therefore recommend that you only bring personal gear that can get wet or damp during the trip. Items that must stay dry such as cameras or other electronic devices, change of clothes or personal belongings should stay in your vehicle.
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A hat with a brim.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- 1-quart (or greater) water bottle filled with water - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle.
- Wet shoes such as "Tevas" or "Aqua Socks" or an old pair of tennies.
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- A beach towel
- Waterproof camera (recyclable).(optional)
- Polyester shirt or other synthetic clothing (layering). (optional)
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Santa Barbara Adventure Company . Channel Islands Adventure Company . 805-884-WAVE (805-884-9283)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santa Barbara Adventure Company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour.