- Take a surfing lesson on beaches of Santa Barbara
- Learn to surf in Southern California, one of the world's most famous surfing locations
- Get all the basics of surfing, including paddling, catching waves, standing up, and riding
- Enjoy access to knowledgeable instructors
- Great opportunity to learn to surf in an iconic surfing location
Departure & Return
Look for an Adventure Company van and park anywhere in this area. Your guide will be set up with boards and a Santa Barbara Adventure Company umbrella on the beach. If you cannot find your guide within a few minutes - PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Start your trip in the morning at Santa Claus Beach, where you’ll get an introduction to surfing technique on the sand before heading to the water. During the course of your day in the water, you’ll learn all the skills needed to become a surfing expert. Learn how to watch for wave breaks, paddle into waves, stand up and ride. No matter your level of experience, you’re sure to have a great time in the water.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Children must be at least 7 years old, comfortable swimming in the ocean and ducking under waves
- Minimum numbers apply. Our surf lessons require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please free to call our office to confirm availability
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A full water bottle. 1 quart or greater - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle
- A hat with a brim.
- A beach towel
- Beach shoes or flips.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- Sweatshirt or sweater and a dry change of clothes
- Waterproof camera (optional)
- Lycra rashguard. (optional)
- Neoprene booties. (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Santa Barbara Adventure Company . Channel Islands Adventure Company . 805-884-WAVE (805-884-9283)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santa Barbara Adventure Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff