- Visit four Rioja wineries for guided tastings
- Learn about local wine and viticulture
- Enjoy a Spanish picnic in a wine cave
- Explore the village of Laguardia
- Includes pickup and drop-off at San Sebastian hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick the clients in any hotel or apartment in San Sebastian city. If staying in a pedestrian area, that our van can not drive in, we ask the clients to walk 2 to 3 minutes to a pick up point, where we can pull the van , and pick them up.
What To Expect
The first stop of the day is one of La Rioja’s most traditional wineries, where you’ll learn every step of the Rioja winemaking process. Following the tour, pause for a tasting of five different wines that are produced onsite.
Continue to two additional wineries, sampling at least two distinct wines at each location for a broad perspective on the flavors and aromas of local wines. Lunch is at a fourth La Rioja winery—descend into a maze of underground wine caves and tunnels, which make an atmospheric setting for a generous Spanish picnic.
Pour a glass of red crianza wine to accompany a Spanish omelet, tomato salad, Iberian ham, and a plate of locally-produced cheeses. Head to the medieval village of Laguardia for an after-lunch stroll, setting an easy going pace through the town, where you’ll find historic the Marques del Riscal and Ysios wineries tucked into the winding streets.
This 9-hour tour concludes with drop-off at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A maximum of 16 people per booking
- A maximum of 16 people per group
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 4 people confirmed. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people is required to run this private tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Basque Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Rioja Wineries and Laguardia Tour with Picnic from San Sebastian.