8 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Taste your way through Spain’s most celebrated wine region on a completely private tour of La Rioja from San Sebastian. Sample bold red blends at two different wine cellars, including some of the oldest underground wine caves in the area, and see the famous winery designed by architect Frank Gehry. State your appetite and venture off the tourist track with lunch at an authentic Basque restaurant, and explore the charming medieval streets of Laguardia village on this mouthwatering, personalized experience.
- Private, full-day Rioja wine tour from San Sebastian, Bilbao, Pamplona, or Logroño
- Discover Spain's famous winemaking region
- Visit two of the area's best winery to taste Rioja wine straight from the source
- Private driver and transport lets you skip the hassle of renting a car
- Includes lunch at a non-touristy restaurant
- Walk through subterranean wine caves
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Saved to wishlist!
English-, Spanish- and Basque-speaking guide
Lunch in a local restaurant, not touristy!
Private air-conditioned transport
Taxes and insurance
All transport expenses, such as toll roads, fuel, and parking fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Other extra food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- San Sebastian Airport, Gabarrari Kalea, 5, 20280 Hondarribia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Basque Guides
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Rioja wine tasting tour with local lunch ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Rioja wine tasting tour with local lunch ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Rioja wine tasting tour with local lunch ?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Rioja wine tasting tour with local lunch
8 to 9 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursWine TastingsFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan SebastianFood Tours - Basque CountryBus Tours - Basque CountryWine Tastings - Basque CountryFull-day Tours - Basque CountryFood Tours - BilbaoBus Tours - BilbaoWine Tastings - BilbaoFull-day Tours - BilbaoFood Tours - SantanderBus Tours - SantanderWine Tastings - SantanderFull-day Tours - SantanderCategory