4 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
For budget travelers trying to knock out Atacama Desert sights without weeks of planning, this guided tour is a great choice. Accommodation, transportation, and meals are included so you can head to the places you most want to see with ease, including the Red Lagoon, Chiguana Salt Flat, and Uyuni Salt Flats. This tour starts in San Pedro de Atacama and drops you off in La Paz, so you can continue on your journey without missing a beat.
- 4-day Atacama Desert tour from San Pedro de Atacama
- Visit Atacama Desert highlights with ease
- All accommodation and most meals included—no surprise expenses
- Transportation in a 4x4 Toyota Land Cruiser and bus included
Saved to wishlist!
1 Night bus Uyuni - La Paz (no tour leader on bus)
Transportation in 4WD with rooftop luggage rack during tour
Shower on the 2nd night but very basic (Hot Shower for 10 Bs)
Entrance Fees: Isla Incahuasi (30 Bs*), Reserva Eduardo Avaroa Protected Area (150 Bs*
Please note that these fees must be paid in Bolivianos and are subject to change without prior notice.
English Speaking Guide
Shower on the first night Tips
Please keep in mind that tipping is common in Latin America and would be greatly appreciated.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Accommodation Pick up from downtown hotels of San Pedro de Atacama
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This trip takes place at a very high altitude. The salt flats are around 5,000 meters above sea level, and most guests will be able to feel the effects. We recommend acclimating yourself to above 3,000 meters before the trip and bringing along medication for headaches and tablets for altitude sickness in case you feel unwell. And remember, the real key is to drink lots of water!
- The reality of visiting a remote area and immersing yourself in nature is that you will be far from modern facilities and the services will sometimes be slow and quite basic. Due to the harsh terrain, vehicle breakdowns are not uncommon, but the drivers are very used to fixing them and wait times are rarely excessive. The accommodations will be very basic, with cots and shared rooms, and the electricity and running water in the National Park are not as dependable as they are back at home. Toilet facilities may have a small local cost. Make sure to bring snacks, some water, toilet paper, and plenty of warm clothes. That said, with some patience, preparation, and an appetite for adventure, this trip will certainly be a positive and unforgettable experience.
- Sun hat, sunglasses (to protect your eyes from the bright glare off the salt panes), sunblock, coat, gloves, wool hat, trekking shoes, warm socks, swimsuit and towel for hot springs at Sol de Manana Geysers,
- We recommend bringing a 5 Liter bottled water so you can have enough water for the whole trip), snacks, personal medication. Flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger (electricity available in most hotels), hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. You will be sleeping up to 4,300 meters above sea level and depending on the season, temperatures can drop well below zero (reaching less than -25 degrees Celsius in the winter months of June and July) and the wind chill can be harsh, so bring plenty of warm clothing, like a scarf and wool hat for the chilly evenings.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bamba Travel
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
4-Day Uyuni Salt Flats & Desert Adventure from San Pedro de Atacama
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursExtremeMulti-day & Extended ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan Pedro de Atacama4WD Tours - North ChileSporting Events - North ChileBus Tours - North ChileNature and Wildlife - North ChileMulti-day Tours - North ChileExtreme - North ChileCategory