Don’t worry—here are some similar options
8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Join this full-day trip to learn about the 5,000-year human history of Puerto Rico, a fascinating journey into the past. You are picked up at your San Juan hotel to drive in a comfortable, air-conditioned private vehicle to the town of Arecibo to visit two ancient caves filled with petroglyphs and other evidence of early human history. Also visit the Caguana Indigenous Ceremonial Park, and important archaeological site. Return to your hotel is included.
- Full-day, small-group trip to learn about Puerto Rico’s early human history
- Visit ancient caves filled with petroglyphs and an important archaeological site
- Snacks are included, with lunch at your expense
- San Juan hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Driver/Professional art historian guide
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Sojourn Puerto Rico
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full-Day Tour of the Taíno Route in Puerto Rico?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Full-Day Tour of the Taíno Route in Puerto Rico?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full-Day Tour of the Taíno Route in Puerto Rico?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-Day Tour of the Taíno Route in Puerto Rico?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan JuanCategory
Isla VerdeRio Camuy Cave Park (Parque Nacional de las Cavernas del Río Camuy)Fine Arts MiramarPonceSan Juan National Historic Site (Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan)Museum of Art of Puerto Rico (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico)Luis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré)Museum of History, Anthropology and Art (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte)CaguasCastillo San CristobalIcacos Island (Cayo Icacos)Museum of the Americas (Museo de las Américas)Pine Grove BeachPalomino IslandLa Calle LoizaCastillo San Felipe del Morro Chapel of Christ (Capilla del Cristo)Paseo de la PrincesaMercado de Río PiedrasLuquillo Beach