8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Feel like a true Puerto Rican explorer during this day of "off-the-beaten path" discovery in El Yunque rainforest. Avoid the big crowds from the cruise ships and hotels as you blaze a trail to the lesser-known attractions of this lush tropical eden. Admire gorgeous orchids, exotic birds and wildlife like the Coquí (tree frog) as you hike to secret waterfalls and hidden swimming spots, enjoying your secluded adventure amidst the fresh air and beautiful scenery of this Puerto Rican paradise. National park fees, plus round-trip hotel transport, are included.
- Escape the crowds on this 'off-the-beaten path' exploration of El Yunque
- Avoid the cruise ship groups and hotel tours at the park's most popular sites
- Feel like an explorer during visits to secret off-trail waterfalls and hidden swimming spots
- Great excursion for the adventurous
Saved to wishlist!
Bottled water and light snacks.
USCG certified Lifejackets.
Pick-up and drop-off (within touristic zone and selected San Juan areas)
Additional fees for pick up/ drop off outside of San Juan.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.
Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.
- Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport, Carolina 979 Puerto Rico
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress appropriately: Wear hiking shoes (tennis with a good grip also works). Can also bring water shoes for when you go into the river . Please note: shoes will get wet and very muddy
- Wear comfortable clothing, swimsuit underneath, bring a towel and change of clothes. Wear sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
- You must have a good breakfast before departing on this tour.
- Due to uneven surfaces and the difficulty involved, this tour is not suitable for pregnant women, those with walking disabilities, with back or knee problems or physical impairments.
- Not suitable for participants with previous injuries, recent surgeries, heart conditions, vertigo, misbalance or other serious medical conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (not suitable for children under 7 years).
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish. Legally blind or deaf persons are not able to participate due to the same. A Private tour would be the most appropriate option on these cases.
- Bus will wait only 5 minutes after your assigned pick up time. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Operates based on weather and river conditions, there is a possibility of cancellation if conditions are not found safe during rainy days.
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- Failure to provide hotel/lodging information upon booking may result in bus not being able to pick you at your location or close to it. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers MUST provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and/or re-boarding time.
- Complimentary pick up in Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Calle Loiza areas (contact us for additional assistance).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Additional transfer fee to towns outside of selected San Juan/Metro area will apply (each way):Rio Grande / Dorado / Fajardo/ Humacao).
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following instructions, being disruptive or not dressed appropriately (due safety) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- Estimated tour duration of 8 hours includes driving and lunch time.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bespoke Lifestyle Management
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Filter by:Accessibility Cancellation/Amendments Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Other
What should I wear during the El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:Wear a bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and extra pair of clothing. Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis with a good grip also work.
Should I eat before the El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:Yes, be sure to have a good breakfast before we depart as we will be having a late lunch stop.
How strenuous is the El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails, and have balance to walk by uneven surfaces without assistance.
Can pregnant women participate in the El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:Due to safety concerns, it is not recommended for pregnant women past their first trimester to participate.
Can I bring my children on the El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:Children must be 7 years or older to participate.
Will I get wet during the El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:Yes, the initial hike/walk is a 25-30 minute journey up a dirt/rock path with some river wading. We will visit a collecting pool that forms at the base of a waterfall as well as another pool area where you will have the opportunity to swim.
Is lunch included during the El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:Lunch is not included.
What happens if the weather is bad on the day of my El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:This tour is subject to weather and river conditions. In the event of cancellation, we will offer other options, to reschedule or provide a refund.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Bring good hiking shoes that you don't mind getting wet, what's most important is that you have good footing underneath you!" See review
- "I do NOT recommend you hike with water shoes because you will be climbing rocks and will slip." See review
- "Pay attention to the “ what to expect” section of tour." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsUnique ExperiencesHikingNature and WildlifeClimbingPorts of Call ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesSan JuanCategory
La Calle Loiza Tours & TicketsMuseum of Art of Puerto Rico (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico) Tours & TicketsRio Camuy Cave Park (Parque Nacional de las Cavernas del Río Camuy) Tours & TicketsMuseum of History, Anthropology and Art (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte) Tours & TicketsIcacos Island (Cayo Icacos) Tours & TicketsSan Juan National Historic Site (Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan) Tours & TicketsPaseo de la Princesa Tours & TicketsPonce Tours & TicketsPalomino Island Tours & TicketsFine Arts Miramar Tours & TicketsPine Grove Beach Tours & TicketsLuis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré) Tours & TicketsIsla Verde Tours & TicketsMuseum of the Americas (Museo de las Américas) Tours & TicketsCastillo San Cristobal Tours & TicketsCastillo San Felipe del Morro Tours & TicketsBacardi Rum Factory (Casa Bacardi) Tours & TicketsMercado de Río Piedras Tours & TicketsLuquillo Beach Tours & TicketsSan Juan Cathedral (Catedral de San Juan Bautista) Tours & Tickets