El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour
San Juan, Caribbean
Lowest Price Guarantee
up to 24 hours in advance
8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Feel like a true Puerto Rican explorer during this day of "off-the-beaten path" discovery in El Yunque rainforest. Avoid the big crowds from the cruise ships and hotels as you blaze a trail to the lesser-known attractions of this lush tropical eden. Admire gorgeous orchids, exotic birds and wildlife like the Coquí (tree frog) as you hike to secret waterfalls and hidden swimming spots, enjoying your secluded adventure amidst the fresh air and beautiful scenery of this Puerto Rican paradise. National park fees, plus round-trip hotel transport, are included.
- Escape the crowds on this 'off-the-beaten path' exploration of El Yunque
- Avoid the cruise ship groups and hotel tours at the park's most popular sites
- Feel like an explorer during visits to secret off-trail waterfalls and hidden swimming spots
- Great excursion for the adventurous
Bottled water and light snacks.
USCG certified Lifejackets.
Hotel or port pick-up and drop-off (within the San Juan area, towns outside this area will have meeting point option or additional fee)
Additional fee for pick up/ drop off outside of San Juan.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.
Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.
- Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport, Carolina 979 Puerto Rico
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates based on weather and river conditions, there is a possibility of cancellation if conditions are not found safe during rainy days.
- Please dress appropriately: Hiking shoes (tennis with a good grip also works) along with water shoes are strongly recommended.
- Wear comfortable clothing, swimsuit, bring a towel and change of clothes.
- We strongly suggest to have a good breakfast before departing on this tour.
- Due to uneven surfaces and the difficulty involved, this tour is not suitable for pregnant women, those with walking disabilities, with back or knee problems or physical impairments.
- Not suitable for participants with previous injuries, recent surgeries, heart conditions, vertigo, misbalance or other serious medical conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (not suitable for children under 7 years).
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers MUST provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and/or re-boarding time.
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Complimentary pick up in Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Calle Loiza areas (contact us for additional assistance).
- Additional transfer fee to towns outside of selected San Juan/Metro area will apply (each way):Rio Grande / Dorado / Fajardo/ Humacao).
- Estimated tour duration of 8 hours includes driving and lunch time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bespoke Lifestyle Management
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
What is the maximum group size during El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour?
This activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour.
See all safety measures taken by El Yunque Off the Beaten Path Hiking Tour.
- "Bring good hiking shoes that you don't mind getting wet, what's most important is that you have good footing underneath you!" See review
- "I do NOT recommend you hike with water shoes because you will be climbing rocks and will slip." See review
- "Pay attention to the “ what to expect” section of tour." See review
Product code: 9406P21
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsUnique ExperiencesHikingNature and WildlifeClimbingPorts of Call ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesSan JuanCategory
Isla VerdeLuquillo BeachMuseum of Art of Puerto Rico (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico)Museum of History, Anthropology and Art (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte)Icacos Island (Cayo Icacos)Paseo de la PrincesaSan Juan Cathedral (Catedral de San Juan Bautista)Museum of the Americas (Museo de las Américas)Palomino IslandLuis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré)Pine Grove BeachPonceCaguasMercado de Río PiedrasSan Juan National Historic Site (Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan)La Calle LoizaCastillo San CristobalFine Arts MiramarFlamenco Beach (Playa Flamenco)Chapel of Christ (Capilla del Cristo)