Explore our promoted experiences
- San Jose walking and food-tasting tour
- Explore the city on foot with a local guide who shares insider knowledge
- Wander through San Jose’s Borbón Market and view its famous stands
- Stroll through the Central Market and sample Costa Rican food while you sip its legendary coffee
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Your next stop is the historic Central Market, which has been providing fresh produce and local goods to San Jose residents since 1882. Wander through the maze of vendor stalls and sample from the incredible variety of fresh produce and other Costa Rican kitchen specialties while your guide discusses the history of the market.
Finish your tour with a visit to a local cantina to taste traditional snacks and drinks another cup of rich Costa Rican coffee. You can then continue to explore the market and shop for tasty treasures on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Casual clothing is appropriate for this tour, and we advise you wear comfortable shoes. Hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen may need to be worn if the weather is hot.
- Most travelers can participate
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Latin America
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by San Jose Walking Tour: Food, History and Architecture.