- San Jose walking and food-tasting tour
- Explore the city on foot with a local guide who shares insider knowledge
- Wander through San Jose’s Borbón Market and view its famous stands
- Stroll through the Central Market and sample Costa Rican food while you sip its legendary coffee
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Front entrance of the National Theatre, Avenida 2, calle1, Catedral, San José, Costa Rica
Central Avenue, San Jose
What To Expect
Your next stop is the historic Central Market, which has been providing fresh produce and local goods to San Jose residents since 1882. Wander through the maze of vendor stalls and sample from the incredible variety of fresh produce and other Costa Rican kitchen specialties while your guide discusses the history of the market.
Finish your tour with a visit to a local cantina to taste traditional snacks and drinks another cup of rich Costa Rican coffee. You can then continue to explore the market and shop for tasty treasures on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Casual clothing is appropriate for this tour, and we advise you wear comfortable shoes. Hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen may need to be worn if the weather is hot.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Latin America
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms