Are you interested in?
Attractions & Museums
25 Tours & Activities
420 Tours & Activities
Nature and Wildlife
233 Tours & Activities
5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Escape the urban bustle of San Jose for a day among cypress forests, giant sequoia trees, and Costa Rica's highest active volcano at Irazú Volcano National Park. Easily reach the summit for a nature walk and views of the emerald lake that fills one of the main craters. Most visitors only stop here, but you’ll also explore the hidden gem of Prusia Forest, an enchanting greenscape of meadows and glades filled with dozens of bird species and uncrowded trails.
- Discover the best of Irazú Volcano National Park on a stress-free day trip from the capital
- Enjoy the views from the volcano summit, easily reached with an access road
- Connect with nature at the Prusia sector, a fairytale-like forest most tourists overlook
- Great for birdwatchers, with more than 45 spotted species including the quetzal
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Departure & Return
Departure PointSAN JOSE, ALAJUELA, HEREDIA AND GAM
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Costa Rica Única
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 91715P31
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesSan JoseNature and Wildlife - Central ValleyAttractions & Museums - Central ValleyNature and Wildlife - AlajuelaAttractions & Museums - AlajuelaNature and Wildlife - QueposAttractions & Museums - QueposCategory
Gold MuseumJade Museum (Museo del Jade)Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)Turu Ba Ri Tropical ParkYellow House (Casa Amarilla)Chirripó National ParkEscazuCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)National Museum (Museo Nacional)Morazan ParkMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)National Theater (Teatro Nacional)La Sabana Park Plaza de la CulturaRescate Animal Zooave