- Half-day visit to the famous Café Britt plantation from San Jose
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the coffee bean lifecycle on a plantation tour
- Watch how beans are expertly roasted and tasted for gourmet flavor
- Learn about the history of Costa Rica's coffee industry with an entertaining live show
- Order a freshly brewed drink from the coffee bar
- Enjoy a buffet lunch at the plantation restaurant
- Includes private, round-trip transfers from San Jose hotels
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Follow the lifecycle of the coffee bean on a plantation tour, beginning in the nursery. Learn how Costa Rica’s soil and climate provide ideal growing conditions and how farmers carefully cultivate and select the finest beans for harvest. Continue on to the roasting area, where special techniques are used to extract the best flavor from dried beans, resulting in delicious aromas. Watch how expert tasters ‘break the cup’ to identify flavor characteristics, and see how the final, gourmet product is packaged and shipped all around the world.
After the tour, taste the famous Café Britt flavor for yourself with your choice of beverage from the coffee bar. You'll also enjoy a delicious buffet lunch from the on-site Don Prospero Restaurant, surrounded by lush tropical gardens. Before the return trip to San Jose, browse the gift shop and factory store, where freshly roasted beans and other coffee products can be purchased and shipped home as a delicious memento of your visit.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Greenway Nature Day Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms