Are you interested in?
Poas Volcano National Park Tours
15 Tours & Activities
Attractions & Museums
25 Tours & Activities
420 Tours & Activities
30 minutes to 1 hour (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Discover the beauty of the Poas Volcano on a small-group tour from San Jose. Ascend the imposing volcano and learn about the various crops grown on its slopes including coffee. Notice the changing vegetation as you make your way to the summit which stands at 8,885 feet (2,708 meters) and take in the views of the main crater surrounding area from the top.
- Explore the Poas stratovolcano on a tour from San Jose
- Learn about the geology and natural history of the volcano
- Admire the views of the main crater and surrounding area
- Enjoy a personalized experience with a maximum of 15 guests
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure PointCr130, Poas Volcano National Park Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Travellers will be picked up at the Hotel or any other location in San Jose downtown, Heredia downtown or Alajuela downtown.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Destiny Travel Costa Rica
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Poas Volcano National Park Half day tour from San Jose?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Poas Volcano National Park Half day tour from San Jose?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Poas Volcano National Park Half day tour from San Jose?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Poas Volcano National Park Half day tour from San Jose?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 24578P43
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursNature and WildlifeAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan JoseSkip-the-Line Tours - Central ValleyNature and Wildlife - Central ValleyAttractions & Museums - Central ValleySkip-the-Line Tours - AlajuelaNature and Wildlife - AlajuelaAttractions & Museums - AlajuelaSkip-the-Line Tours - QueposNature and Wildlife - QueposAttractions & Museums - QueposCategory
National Theater (Teatro Nacional)Orosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi)Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)Children's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)Morazan ParkYellow House (Casa Amarilla)Chirripó National ParkRescate Animal ZooavePlaza de la CulturaEscazuNational Museum (Museo Nacional)Costa Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)Turu Ba Ri Tropical ParkMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)Gold MuseumLa Sabana Park