12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
With its cascading waterfalls and abundant wildlife, the Pacuare River is rightfully famous for its natural beauty. Paddle through the river gorge, navigating 52 Class II-IV rapids as you go, on this 12-hour trip from San Jose. Take in views of the tropical rain forest and wildlife such as sloths, parrots, and toucans as you ride the river (and your adrenaline rush) over the course of the day.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- All necessary equipment included
- Breakfast included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Air conditioned transportation
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Costa Rica Groups Travel Company
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pacuare River Whitewater Rafting from San Jose?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Pacuare River Whitewater Rafting from San Jose?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Pacuare River Whitewater Rafting from San Jose?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pacuare River Whitewater Rafting from San Jose?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Pacuare River Whitewater Rafting from San Jose
Explore Similar Things to Do
ExtremeRaftingWhite Water Rafting Water SportsOutdoor ActivitiesSan JoseExtreme - Central ValleyRafting - Central ValleyWhite Water Rafting - Central ValleyExtreme - QueposRafting - QueposWhite Water Rafting - QueposExtreme - JacoRafting - JacoWhite Water Rafting - JacoCategory
Jade Museum (Museo del Jade) Tours & TicketsChildren's Museum (Museo de los Ninos) Tours & TicketsRescate Animal Zooave Tours & TicketsPlaza de la Cultura Tours & TicketsMorazan Park Tours & TicketsNational Theater (Teatro Nacional) Tours & TicketsYellow House (Casa Amarilla) Tours & TicketsTuru Ba Ri Tropical Park Tours & TicketsChirripó National Park Tours & TicketsSarapiqui Canopy Tours & TicketsLa Sabana Park Tours & TicketsSarchi Tours & TicketsOrosi River Valley (El Valle del Rio Orosi) Tours & TicketsCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense) Tours & TicketsGold Museum Tours & TicketsMetallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico) Tours & Tickets