2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Visit the Alturas Wildlife Sanctuary in Puntarenas to view Costa Rica’s native wildlife up close. The sanctuary operates a veterinary clinic that rescues and rehabilitates injured and orphaned animals, and releases them into the wild when they have recovered. See critters such as monkeys, sloths, parrots, toucans, and more on a guided tour of the sanctuary that lasts about 90 minutes. Ideal activity for all ages.
- Includes admission ticket and guided tour
- Learn about the animals from the guide
- Observe animals from around the country
- Family-friendly activity
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure PointGray Line Costa Rica, La Uruca, San Jose 10110 Costa Rica
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
9/24/2020 - 11/30/2021
|Tuesday - Sunday:||11:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that you bring light clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, suntan lotion, Insect repellent and a camera
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to the pandemic, this tour is subject to availability. A minimum of passengers is required for the tour. But you can check our availability. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Tours Costa Rica
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Alturas Wildlife Sanctuary Admission Ticket?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Alturas Wildlife Sanctuary Admission Ticket?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Alturas Wildlife Sanctuary Admission Ticket?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Alturas Wildlife Sanctuary Admission Ticket?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 3171P126
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesSan JoseAttractions & Museums - Central ValleyAttractions & Museums - AlajuelaAttractions & Museums - QueposCategory
Metallic Building (Ed)ificio Metálico)Jade Museum (Museo del Jade)Morazan ParkPlaza de la CulturaSarapiqui CanopyYellow House (Casa Amarilla)Rescate Animal ZooaveChirripó National ParkEscazuGold MuseumChildren's Museum (Museo de los Ninos)National Theater (Teatro Nacional)Turu Ba Ri Tropical ParkCosta Rican Art Museum (Museo de Arte Costarricense)National Museum (Museo Nacional)La Sabana Park