9 to 11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore the dominion of the ancient Maya in Belize on a full-day tour from San Ignacio. Climb to the top of sacred pyramids and learn about the once-mighty civilization at the archaeological site of Xunantunich, and enter a portal to the Mayan underworld on a cave tubing adventure that takes you splashing through the crystalline caverns of an underground cave system. Round-trip transport from San Ignacio Town and lunch are included on this tour.
- Explore natural and cultural highlights of Belize's western Cayo District
- Learn about ancient Mayan culture and religious practices from a knowledgeable guide
- Float through an underground cave system in a tube
- Private guide and transport for a more personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
all entrance fees, cave tubing equipment, water, light snack, lunch
Hotel pickup and drop-off (within San Ignacio)
small group tours
Alcoholic drinks, souvenirs, gratuities
Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
pickups & drop offs OUTSIDE of San Ignacio Town (contact us to confirm availability)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- TOUR NOT AVAILABLE to cruise ship passengers due to time limitations
- a small additional (EXTRA FEE) is charged for pickups & drop offs to: Sweet Songs, Chaa Creek resort/cottages, Table Rock, Mystic River, Mahogany Hall. Fee varies as per location and can be partially exempted for groups of 3+
NB: Pickups & drop offs NOT AVAILABLE for Belize City, Ambergris Caye, Hopkins, Placencia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Level of fitness required: moderate
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Adults with infants need to pay for any entrance fees, lunch and expenses incurred by infant and wherever applicable
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please inform us if you or any guests are non-swimmers, using the Special Requirements field
- Things to bring: sunscreen and insect repellent
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY St Leonard's Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Xunantunich and Cave Tubing Combo Tour from San Ignacio?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Xunantunich and Cave Tubing Combo Tour from San Ignacio?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Xunantunich and Cave Tubing Combo Tour from San Ignacio?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Xunantunich and Cave Tubing Combo Tour from San Ignacio?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingArchaeology ToursNature and WildlifeUnderground Tours Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBelizeSan IgnacioBus Tours - FloresHiking - FloresArchaeology Tours - FloresNature and Wildlife - FloresUnderground Tours - FloresWalking Tours - FloresHistorical Tours - FloresBus Tours - HopkinsHiking - HopkinsArchaeology Tours - HopkinsNature and Wildlife - HopkinsUnderground Tours - HopkinsWalking Tours - HopkinsHistorical Tours - HopkinsBus Tours - Belize CityHiking - Belize CityArchaeology Tours - Belize CityNature and Wildlife - Belize CityUnderground Tours - Belize CityWalking Tours - Belize CityHistorical Tours - Belize CityCategory