5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Uncover the ancient mysteries of archaeological sites, Xunantunich and Cahal Pech, on an enriching tour from San Ignacio. Travel deep into the Belizean jungle with a guide and discover Mayan structures and exotic flora and fauna. At Xunantunich, gaze at spectacular views of the lush forest from El Castillo, Belize’s second highest man-made structure, and marvel at the intriguing limestone structures of Cahal Pech. Gain fascinating insight into the history and culture of the Maya empire from your expert guide on this educational tour.
- Head into the jungle to explore Xunantunich and Cahal Pech
- Learn about the rich history of the Maya civilization from your guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in San Ignacio Town included
- Lunch at a local restaurant included
Saved to wishlist!
Professional local guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
Transport by private vehicle
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Entrance fees and meals for infants
pickups & drop offs to hotels/resorts OUTSIDE of San Ignacio Town
Departure & Return
Cayo Welcome Center, San Ignacio, Belize
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- REQUIRED: min of 2 people, Children must be accompanied with one paying adult
- LOCAL PROVIDER must be informed of any vegetarran, vegan, gluten free or any other FOOF ALLERGY
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately as per local weather on day of tour
- REQUEST FOR car seat must be done at least 24 hours before tour date
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- TOUR NOT AVAILABLE for CRUISE SHIP passengers due to duration of tour plus driving distance to & from cruise ship terminals
- Most travelers can participate
- PICKUP time starts 7am OR EARLIER for any hotel outside of San Ignacio town as per arrangement with local provider - before tour date
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY St Leonard's Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Xunantunich and Cahal Pech from San Ignacio?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Xunantunich and Cahal Pech from San Ignacio?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Xunantunich and Cahal Pech from San Ignacio?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Xunantunich and Cahal Pech from San Ignacio?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingBelizeSan IgnacioBus Tours - FloresArchaeology Tours - FloresHistorical Tours - FloresBus Tours - HopkinsArchaeology Tours - HopkinsHistorical Tours - HopkinsBus Tours - Belize CityArchaeology Tours - Belize CityHistorical Tours - Belize CityCategory