9 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Visit Central America's most legendary ancient Mayan site on a private day trip to Tikal, located across the border from Belize in Guatemala. Get help crossing the border for a stress-free entrance to the archaeological site, and spend the day exploring the mighty and mysterious ruins of temples, plazas, royal apartments, and more with a guide. Look for wildlife like howler monkeys and toucans while trekking through the rainforests that surround the UNESCO-listed site, and recharge with included lunch at a restaurant inside the park.
- Private, full-day tour to Tikal National Park
- Visit one of the world's most important ancient Mayan sites
- Get assistance crossing the border from Belize into Guatemala
- See the impressive Temple IV and other ruins of a once-mighty city
- Learn about the ancient Mayan civilization from a guide
- Enjoy lunch at a restaurant inside the park
- Private guide and transport for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Local English-speaking guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Transport by air-conditioned van
Border crossing fee/departure tax (US$20.00 per person)
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Comfortable clothing and footwear are recommended
- Bring camera, sunscreen and bug spray
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cayo Inland Expeditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tikal Mayan City Tour with Lunch?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tikal Mayan City Tour with Lunch?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tikal Mayan City Tour with Lunch?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tikal Mayan City Tour with Lunch?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan IgnacioBus Tours - FloresArchaeology Tours - FloresFull-day Tours - FloresBus Tours - HopkinsArchaeology Tours - HopkinsFull-day Tours - HopkinsBus Tours - Belize CityArchaeology Tours - Belize CityFull-day Tours - Belize CityCategory