Are you interested in?
81 Tours & Activities
37 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
115 Tours & Activities
3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Visit the ruins of a mighty Mayan city on a guided tour of the Xunantunich archaeological site near San Ignacio. Cross the Mopan River on a traditional hand-canked ferry, and then ascend to the hilltop complex featuring the remnants of plazas, royal quaters, ball courts, and the imposing El Castillo temple — the second tallest in Belize. Climb to the top of the great pyramid for views that stretch into Guatemala, and learn about the fascinating ancient Mayan civilization from a guide.
- Half-day tour to the Xunantunich archaeological site from San Ignacio
- Visit one of Belize's most impressive ancient Mayan sites
- Cross the Mopan River on a vintage hand-cranked ferry
- See the excavated ruins of an ancient hilltop city
- Climb to the top of the country's second-largest Mayan temple
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Professional local guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Centrally located hotels in San Ignacio
Return Details: Original departure point
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
12/16/2020 - 12/15/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||08:30 AM - 12:00 PM01:00 PM - 04:30 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Things to bring along: Cool and comfortable clothing, hiking/tennis shoes, camera, bug spray, sun block lotion
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cayo Inland Expeditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour from San Ignacio?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 7814P4
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSan IgnacioBus Tours - FloresArchaeology Tours - FloresBus Tours - HopkinsArchaeology Tours - HopkinsBus Tours - Belize CityArchaeology Tours - Belize CityCategory