- 8.5-hour hiking tour of Crystal Cave (Mountain Cow Cave) from San Ignacio
- A challenging trek suited to active travelers
- Enjoy the scenery of the famous Blue Hole National Park
- Descend to Xibalba, believed by Mayans to be the entrance to the underworld
- Marvel at stalagmites, stalactites, and crystal formations while exploring Crystal Cave
- Lunch and rum punch are included
Departure & Return
Departure PointSan Ignacio, San Ignacio, Cayo
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups from all locations in Belize can be arranged. There may be an additional charge so please contact us if pick up is needed. .
Departure Point for most tours: Downtown San Ignacio
Address: MayaWalk Tours Main Office
19 Burns Avenue
San Ignacio Town
Belize, Central America
Directions: MayaWalk Tours Main Office located between Tandoor Restaurant and Belize Bank
Return point: Returns to original departure point
Directions: MayaWalk Tours Main Office located between Tandoor Restaurant and Belize Bank Return point: Returns to original departure point
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After a 1-hour hike through the rainforest, you’ll rappel 15 feet (4.5 meters) into the entrance of Crystal Cave (Mountain Cow Cave) and embark on a challenging descent to Xibalba, believed by Mayan civilization to be the entrance to the underworld.
Explore the cave, marveling at crystal formations, stalactites, and stalagmites, and discovering century-old carvings, pottery, and relics.
Once you’ve emerged from the cave, you’ll refuel with a hearty homemade lunch and a dip in the refreshing waters of the famous Blue Hole. Your tour concludes with drop-off at your original departure point in San Ignacio.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Difficulty: Challenging
- What to bring: Hiking sandals or sneakers, change of clothes, small backpack, 1 liter of water, bug spray, snacks, and swimwear with shorts
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY MayaWalk Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff