- Complimentary San Francisco hotel pickup and drop off
- Explore Monterey's renown Cannery Row
- Enjoy spectacular views on the 17-Mile Drive
- Upgrade to include a ticket to the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Settle back in your seat in the comfortable tour vehicle as it winds down scenic CA Highway 1, winding along the coast (fog permitting). Watch the blue expanse of the ocean beyond the beaches and make a brief stop to stretch your legs in Santa Cruz before arriving at Monterey's famous Cannery Row. Learn about the area's significance as a hot spot for Pacific coast biodiversity and its history as a fishing and whaling town. Stroll around the area and find a spot for a seafood lunch (own expense). Or, opt to bring your own lunch and instead squeeze in a trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium (if option selected).
Depart after lunchtime, driving through Pacific Grove and down the famous 17-Mile Drive, lined on each side by coastline and multi-million-dollar estates. Snap photos of the Lone Cypress, impossibly growing off the edge of a cliff. Stop at Pebble Beach Village to visit the Pro Shop and see the 18th green.
Arrive in Carmel-by-the-Sea and choose to spend time walking the beach or exploring the shops and restaurants on Ocean Avenue. After some time in Carmel, hop back on the bus and relax on the ride back to San Francisco.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height. Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator in advance may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund.
- For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Union Square - 333 O'Farrell Street (Mason Street entrance) if your hotel is not listed
- Minimum of 5 passengers needed for tour to run. There is a possibility of cancellation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.
- Most travelers can participate
- Meals are not included but available for purchase throughout the day.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Extranomical Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I note in the Tower Tours brochure where it states that on "Mondays, Wednesday and Saturdays this tour is operated by Tower Tours." See review