- Segway tour of major San Diego sights including the Gaslamp Quarter
- Cruise past landmarks including Balboa Park, the Inez Grant Parker Rose Garden and the USS San Diego Memorial
- Take in spectacular views of San Diego Bay as you glide by on your Segway
- Segway instruction session and all safety equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon tours
Departure & Return
Our office is inside the brick-lined courtyard next to the Horton Plaza parking garage, look for the Another Side Tours sign and the blue door. Please see 'Additional Information' for information on where to park or call us at 1-619-239-2111
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then, hit the streets! Absorb the bustling atmosphere of the restaurants and shops in the Gaslamp Quarter. Head through Chinatown and see the home of San Diego Padres baseball team at Petco Park. Your guide will provide fun and factual commentary about the city’s history and top attractions as you go.
Admire seaside views as you cruise past the Navy Pier, where the air craft carrier of the USS Midway now serves as a maritime museum. Check out the USS San Diego Memorial, used during World War II. From there, explore the Urban Trees exhibit at the Port of San Diego, which incorporates impressive sculptures from 30 artists.
Then, glide over to the sprawling 1,200 acres (490 hectares) of Balboa Park, where you’ll pass the San Diego National History Museum, San Diego Museum of Man and the San Diego Museum of Art. Stop to smell the roses at a botanical garden with over 1,300 plants, and get a glimpse of the galleries and working artist studios in the Spanish Village.
Snacks and beverages will be provided throughout the course of your trip to help you refuel as needed. At the end of your San Diego Segway adventure, your tour will conclude at its original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years. Riders 8 to 15 years must have a parent present to both sign a waiver and accompany them on the tour
- Riders 16 to 17 years must have a parent present to sign a waiver but are allowed to ride without parent accompaniment
- Minimum weight is 40 lbs (18 kg); maximum is 250 lbs (113 kg)
- Pregnant woman are not allowed to participate
- While this tour is not physically demanding, you must have a decent level of fitness and be able to climb stairs without assistance to participate
- Tours operate rain or shine
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Lyft & Uber: We are listed on the ride share apps as 'Another Side Of San Diego Tours'. Ride-shares are the preferred and best way for our guests to come to us.
- Parking Option 1: The LAZ Parking lot is located at 8th Ave. and G Street. The address is: 665 8th Ave San Diego, CA 92101
- Parking Option 2: The Park-It-On-Market lot is located at 7th Ave. and Market Street. The address is: 614 Market St. San Diego, CA 92101
- Parking Option 3: The next closest all day lot is at the corner of 2nd Ave. and Island. The lot is directly across from 100 Harbor Club Dr. San Diego, CA 92101 **Not available from 7/1 thru 7/31 due to Comic Con***
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Another Side Of San Diego Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms