- 5-hour trip to Ranua Zoo from Rovaniemi
- Visit outdoor Ranua Zoo, home to an array of Finland’s native animals
- Explore the forest trails to view Arctic animals such as owls, bears, reindeer, and lynx
- See Finland’s only polar bears and learn how the animals survive in northern latitudes
- Restaurant and souvenir, candy and wine shops on site
- Ideal for families with children of all ages
- Round-trip transport, entrance fee, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Enjoy the countryside views on route, and hear about Finland's nature and wildlife from your guide. Then, after roughly an hour, arrive at Ranua and head inside. Home to about 200 animals, the zoo is set in a forest, ensuring the animals live in an authentic environment as possible.
Follow the 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) of forest trails and admire the animals and birds, including reindeer, bears, lynx, wolves, owls, and more, all native to the northern latitudes. Be sure to view the star attraction — Finland's only polar bears. In the summer, the zoo also boasts a domestic animal park in the grounds.
Be sure to wear adequate clothing as the zoo is outdoors, and, If you’re visiting with small children, trollies and sleds are available if they get tired of walking.
Afterward, perhaps visit the restaurant and souvenir shops, including the Fazer candy store and wine emporium, home to wines made from local ingredients like wild cloudberries and bilberries.
Then, travel back to Rovaniemi, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Warm and comfortable clothes in winter are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Helios tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands