Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Snowmobiling and ice-fishing trip from Rovaniemi
- Learn to ice fish in the Finnish tradition at a secret fishing hole
- Snowmobile through the icy Finnish wilderness
- Eat a traditional Lappish soup for lunch
- Extra-warm clothing and snowmobile equipment is included
- No fishing or snowmobiling experience is necessary
Departure & Return
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Get oriented to the snowmobile, and step into the extra-warm clothing provided for you. Bundled up and in possession of some basic snowmobiling knowledge, you're ready to follow your adventure guide out into the wintry Finnish wilderness. Zoom over pristine fields of sparkling ice and snow on the way to a secret fishing hole. Breathe in the clean air, and admire the wild tundra around you as you travel along frozen rivers.
Once you arrive at the fishing spot, get a lesson from your guide on how to cut a hole in the ice and prepare the rod for a successful fishing session. As you wait, your guide will prepare a traditional Lappish stew for lunch, hopefully complimented by your catch of the day. Sip hot beverages and enjoy the stew in the Arctic environment.
After your lesson, lunch, and adventure, return to the tour office in Rovaniemi the way you came.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Safartica
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.