- Independent hiking tour of Waimangu, Rotorua
- Explore hiking trails through Waimangu at your own pace
- Read your guide sheet for information on geothermal features including Inferno Crater Lake and Lake Rotomahana
- Watch hot springs and steam vents bubbling and spurting in the forests and grasslands
- Gain insight into the region’s diverse plant and animal life
- Shuttle bus service from hiking trail end
Departure & Return
Come into the Waimangu Visitor Center and see our reception staff
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required. Passenger must provide their own carer.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Definitely worth the visit Morning is best when the weather is cold A lot more visible steam rising Easy walk down and the benefit of getting the bus back up" See review