2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the Rotorua lakes district and learn about its history on a 2-hour tour duck boat cruise from Rotorua. Travel on land and by water in the amphibious World War II vehicle, visiting four lakes including Lake Tarawera, located at the foot of Mt Tarawera. Hear about the devastating 1886 eruption of Mt Tarawera and other aspects of local history on this family-friendly tour.
- Hear insightful commentary from the guide
- Get great photo ops of the Rotorua lakes
- Ride in an authentic amphibious vehicle from WWII
- Duck boat cruise ticket included
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
1241 Fenton Street , 1241 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3010, New ZealandThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We have tours available with translation sheets in Chinese, French and English
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 56 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rotorua Duck Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Tarawera and Rotorua Lakes Eco Tour by Boat with Guide?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Tarawera and Rotorua Lakes Eco Tour by Boat with Guide?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Tarawera and Rotorua Lakes Eco Tour by Boat with Guide?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Tarawera and Rotorua Lakes Eco Tour by Boat with Guide?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 3442P2
Compare Similar Experiences
Tarawera and Rotorua Lakes Eco Tour by Boat with Guide
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeEco ToursWater ToursDuck Boat ToursHistorical ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingRotoruaNature and Wildlife - North IslandEco Tours - North IslandWater Tours - North IslandDuck Boat Tours - North IslandHistorical Tours - North IslandNature and Wildlife - TaurangaEco Tours - TaurangaWater Tours - TaurangaDuck Boat Tours - TaurangaHistorical Tours - TaurangaNature and Wildlife - Tongariro National ParkEco Tours - Tongariro National ParkWater Tours - Tongariro National ParkDuck Boat Tours - Tongariro National ParkHistorical Tours - Tongariro National ParkCategory
Blue BathsLake Rotokakahi (Green Lake)Velocity ValleyAgrodomeLake Tikitapu (Blue Lake)Redwoods Forest WhakarewarewaPolynesian SpaTe PuiaBuried Village of Te WairoaLake RotoruaParadise Valley Springs Wildlife ParkMaori Arts and Crafts Institute (Te Puia)Sulphur PointRainbow Springs Nature ParkMt. TaraweraWaimangu Volcanic ValleyGovernment Gardens RotoruaLake RotoitiHell's Gate Geothermal ParkRotorua Museum (Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa)