Explore our promoted experiences
- Hangi dinner and traditional Maori
- Experience Maori customs and traditions
- Welcome ceremony and haka song and dance
- Traditional hangi feast
Departure & Return
Meet at 5.20PM - Te Pā Tū Gathering Place (1220 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua) Limited pickups from main Rotorua hotels - Contact our office to arrange. 1. Aura Motel 2. Distinction Hotel 3. Ibis Hotel 4. Holiday Inn 5. Millennium Hotel 6. Novotel 7. Princes Gate 8. Pullman Hotel 9. Regent Hotel
What To Expect
In the wharenui (meeting house), see haka song and dance in a powerful performance by a Rangiatea cultural group. When it’s time for the hangi feast, dig into slow-cooked meat and vegetables roasted in underground earthen ovens.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Camera and Video usage is permitted throughout the entire evening experience.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- OPERATED BY Te Pā Tū (Previously Tamaki Maori Village)
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands