3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Adventurous travelers will love this glowworm-spotting tour with a difference. As the sun gets lower in the sky, paddle in a kayak on Lake Karapiro and along the Pokaiwhenua Stream. You’ll see beautiful native plants and bird life, and rock formations that have been naturally carved over centuries. Once the light disappears, you’ll see thousands of glowworms lighting your way. This tour is a fun way to experience some of New Zealand’s best natural attractions.
- Kayaks, safety gear, and appropriate clothing are provided
- An ideal tour for active travelers who love the outdoors
- This late afternoon/evening tour can be done after the day’s activities
- A fun activity for families and friends traveling together
Saved to wishlist!
Kayak, PFD, Splash Pants/Jackets, Wetshoes
Departure & Return
396 Horahora Road, Waikato 3484, New Zealand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Riverside Adventures Waikato
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Twilight Kayak Glow worm Tour?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Twilight Kayak Glow worm Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Twilight Kayak Glow worm Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Twilight Kayak Glow worm Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Twilight Kayak Glow worm Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWater ToursKayakingHalf-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingRotoruaNature and Wildlife - North IslandWater Tours - North IslandKayaking - North IslandHalf-day Tours - North IslandNature and Wildlife - TaurangaWater Tours - TaurangaKayaking - TaurangaHalf-day Tours - TaurangaNature and Wildlife - Tongariro National ParkWater Tours - Tongariro National ParkKayaking - Tongariro National ParkHalf-day Tours - Tongariro National ParkCategory
Hell's Gate Geothermal Park Tours & TicketsBuried Village of Te Wairoa Tours & TicketsMt. Tarawera Tours & TicketsAgrodome Tours & TicketsWaimangu Volcanic Valley Tours & TicketsLake Rotorua Tours & TicketsTe Puia Tours & TicketsMaori Arts and Crafts Institute (Te Puia) Tours & TicketsRedwoods Forest Whakarewarewa Tours & TicketsLake Okareka Tours & TicketsLake Rotokakahi (Green Lake) Tours & TicketsRotorua Museum (Te Whare Taonga o Te Arawa) Tours & TicketsRainbow Springs Nature Park Tours & TicketsParadise Valley Springs Wildlife Park Tours & TicketsLady Knox Geyser Tours & TicketsPolynesian Spa Tours & TicketsBlue Baths Tours & TicketsLake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) Tours & TicketsGovernment Gardens Rotorua Tours & TicketsSulphur Point Tours & Tickets