- Raft down the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world on this action-packed Kaituna River white water rafting tour from Rotorua.
- You'll be provided with 15-20 minute training and safety session
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Rotorua
Departure & Return
Hangar 14s, Rotorua Airport. Take the driveway on the left as you enter the airport and follow it till you see our signs. Free parking is available out the front of our base.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Start your 3-hour Kaituna river-rafting tour with hotel pickup in Rotorua, and relax on the short drive to the base camp at the airport. Here, you’ll receive instruction on paddle commands during a 15- to 20-minute training and safety session. You’re provided with any necessary equipment (life jacket, wetsuit, booties, safety helmet, and weather-dependent polar fleece top and spray jacket).
Hop back in the vehicle and drive to your put-in point at the riverbank of the Kaituna River. Get right into the action, paddling through the sheer, fern-clad rock walls of a narrow gorge that provides a stunning backdrop throughout your river-rafting trip. Then hold tight for the highlight: a 21-foot drop down the world’s highest commercially rafted waterfall — Tutea Falls.
After you’ve caught your breath and made it back to firm ground, relax with return transport to your hotel in Rotorua.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- There is a recommended minimum weight of 40 kilograms (88 pounds) for this tour
- Please bring swimwear, a towel and a sense of adventure!
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY River Rats Raft Kayak
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "She can’t swim but they looked after her fine and safety briefing was good." See review