- Explore the Villa Borghese in Rome on a guided bike tour
- Pedal around the lake, monuments, and ancient ruins
- See works by famous artists like Caravaggio and Bernini
- Enjoy a personalized experience during this small-group tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Put on your provided helmet and cycle to the west entrance of the Villa Borghese. Home to leafy avenues, grand buildings, and Roman ruins, as well as a lake and zoological garden, the Villa Borghese was originally a vineyard and the private garden of Cardinal Scipione Borghese, before becoming a public park in 1903.
From the entrance, set out on your bike tour around the park’s attractions and beauty spots. Admire the famous Fountain of the Sea Horses and trace the pine-fringed pathways to the Borghese Gallery, home to one of Europe’s largest art collections. Learn how Cardinal Scipione Borghese used his immense wealth to assemble much of this exceptional collection, including paintings and sculptures by such artists as Caravaggio, Bernini, Titian, Rubens, and Raphael. If you wish, purchase tickets in advance when you book so you can visit the gallery after your bike tour.
Cruise around other landmarks, and stop for a complimentary coffee. Visit Pincian Hill to absorb the sweeping views over Rome, circle the boating lake and pass the Bio Park, the zoological garden first opened in 1908, and home to 222 different species. Purchase tickets when you book if you want to visit the zoo after your cycle tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 persons per booking is required
- If you want to visit the inside of the Borghese Gallery or the Bio Park, please specify when booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY 1 City Tour
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.