11 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Explore without the hassle of planning on a full day tour of the Pope’s year-round and summer residences. After a tour of the Vatican, which includes the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Gardens, hop on a train to Castel Gandolfo for a tour of the Pope’s summer residence and a buffet lunch made with locally-sourced ingredients. Skip-the-line Vatican admission and a round-trip train ticket are included for your convenience.
Saved to wishlist!
Skip the line Vatican tour
Vatican Gardens tour
Buffet lunch at the Pope's summer village
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
English-speaking professional guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointCaffè Vaticano, viale, Viale Vaticano, 100, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsSt. Peter Station Suite, Via della Stazione di S. Pietro, 57, 00165 Roma RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please contact The Tour Guy to book a wheelchair accessible tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Roman Guy
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Vatican Museums & Castel Gandolfo Pope's Summer Residence Day Trip?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Vatican Museums & Castel Gandolfo Pope's Summer Residence Day Trip?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Vatican Museums & Castel Gandolfo Pope's Summer Residence Day Trip?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Product code: 24338P37
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursHistorical ToursArt ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingRomeRail Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoArt Tours - Lake BraccianoFull-day Tours - Lake BraccianoRail Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaArt Tours - Lake BolsenaFull-day Tours - Lake BolsenaRail Tours - OrvietoHistorical Tours - OrvietoArt Tours - OrvietoFull-day Tours - OrvietoCategory
St. Peter's Basilica (Basilica di San Pietro)Keats-Shelley HouseChurch of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola)Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Vittoria)Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica di San Paolo Fuori le Mura)Piazza VeneziaQuartiere CoppedèCiampino International Airport (CIA)Paciotti SalumeriaVia MarguttaPiazzale Giuseppe GaribaldiVilla FarnesinaRome Basilica di Santi Giovanni e PaoloPalatine Museum (Museo del Palatino)Forum Boarium (Foro Boario)Piazza di San CosimatoPalazzo AltempsBramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante)Rome Olympic Stadium (Stadio Olimpico)Triton Fountain (Fontana del Tritone)