3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Specially tailored to American visitors, this half-day private tour of the Vatican Museums highlights the little-known linkages between the Holy See and the United States. Learn why iconic attractions like the Sistine Chapel and the Gallery of Maps have particular relevance for American citizens. You’ll visit the renowned collections with your own art historian guide, who is well-versed in both cultures.
- A private, half-day tour of the Vatican Museums for American visitors
- Explore hidden histories of each gallery as you visit the world-famous attraction
- Learn little-known connections with the USA from your art historian guide
- See iconic masterpieces from Michelangelo, Raphael, and more
Saved to wishlist!
Professional art historian guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointViale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsSaint Peter's Square, Forum Sancti Petri, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- READ CAREFULLY: Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during you Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Raphael Tours & Events
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Skip-the-line Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel tour for Americans?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip-the-line Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel tour for Americans?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Skip-the-line Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel tour for Americans?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Product code: 20455P197
Explore Similar Things to Do
Architecture ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeArchitecture Tours - Lake BraccianoArt Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoArchitecture Tours - Lake BolsenaArt Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaArchitecture Tours - OrvietoArt Tours - OrvietoHalf-day Tours - OrvietoCategory
Paciotti SalumeriaSpanish Steps (Piazza di Spagna)Montecitorio Palace (Palazzo Montecitorio)La PietàOdescalchi Castle (Castello Odescalchi)Pamphilj Palace (Palazzo Pamphilj)Via GiuliaArch of Titus (Arco di Tito)Gladiator MuseumAntico Caffè GrecoBarberini Palace (Palazzo Barberini)Ponte SistoVilla FarnesinaPiazza NavonaPortico of Octavia (Portico di Ottavia)House of the Vestal Virgins (Casa delle Vestali)Rome Civitavecchia Cruise Port (Civitavecchia Terminal Crociere)Porta MaggioreCircus Maximus (Circo Massimo)Orange Garden (Giardino degli Aranci)