- Follow an expert guide and drive in a convoy through Rome’s pretty, historical streets
- View Rome’s must-see attractions including the Colosseum, Circus Maximus and the Mouth of Truth
- Drive through the bustling Trastevere neighborhood and pass through other areas that may be inaccessible to larger vehicles
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people, ensuring a personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Hop behind the wheel, and listen to a quick briefing about safety and the nuances of operating the Fiat’s manual controls. Then take off in a colorful caravan, following your guide’s car along some of Rome’s quieter roads. Open the soft-top roof to enjoy the sun and fresh air as you drive down charming streets to see some of Rome's top landmarks, like Circus Maximus, the Colosseum, Arch of Constantine and the Mouth of Truth. Take breaks occasionally for photo ops and to hear interesting tidbits about the city from your guide.
In addition to recognizable attractions, venture to lesser-known sights along roads that may be inaccessible to bigger vehicles. Such gems may include the Garden of Oranges, Aventine Keyhole, Piazza dei Cavalieri di Malta (Piazza of the Knights of Malta) and the lively Trastevere neighborhood. You’ll also stop for gelato or coffee (own expense) before your tour ends upon return to the starting point.
Please note: The Fiat 500 is small in comparison to most modern-day cars, so with comfort in mind, bookings are allowed for a maximum of three adults per car (or two adults and two children). If you have a bigger group, that’s okay! Up to 10 people can book at a time, and you’ll be split into separate Fiats.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age for children: 5 years
- Minimum age for the driver: 18 years
- The driver must be in possession of a valid European Union driving license or International Driving Permit.
- The cars are equipped with manual stick/clutch, NOT automatic. Drivers must have sufficient experience driving a manual transmission vehicle. The Company reserves the right to refuse renting a car to a person who does not have sufficient experience driving manual transmission vehicles. No refund will be made in these instances.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes only, no sandals or flip flops
- Due to the size of the car, this tour is not suitable for passengers who weigh over 220 pounds (100 kg) or who are taller than 6.2 feet (1.9 meters)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rome 500 exp.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This is an absolute must book for anyone looking for something out of the ordinary." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews