Are you interested in?
3545 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
5803 Tours & Activities
Basilica di Santa Prassede Tours
14 Tours & Activities
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Early Christian history enthusiasts will enjoy this tour of relics from the life of Christ. Visits include the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore to view wood believed to be from Jesus’ manger; Santa Prassede, home to a fragment of the pillar on which Christ is said to have been flogged; and the Basilica of Santa Croce, containing what may be pieces of the cross and a nail from the Crucifixion. You can also walk up the Holy Stairs Jesus once descended.
- See some of the most precious early Christian relics in Rome
- Learn more about the life and death of Jesus Christ from your guide
- Visit Rome's impressive cathedral: the Basilica of Saint John Lateran
- View relics from Christ's Passion brought directly from Jerusalem
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointVia dell'Esquilino, 31, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Eternal City Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 11895P11
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Piazza TrilussaTheater of Marcellus (Teatro di Marcello)Forum Boarium (Foro Boario)Farnese Palace (Palazzo Farnese)Basilica di Santa PrassedeChurch of Santa Maria della Pace (Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pace)Seven Hills of Rome (Sette Colli di Roma)Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino International Airport (FCO)Garbatella District (Quartiere Garbatella)Basilica of Saint Mary in Cosmedin (Basilica di Santa Maria in Cosmedin)Piazza del CampidoglioRaphael's Rooms (Stanze di Raffaello)Etruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Necropoli Etrusche di Cerveteri e Tarquinia) Saint Angelo Bridge Methodist Church (Chiesa Metodista di Ponte Sant'Angelo) Doria Pamphilj Gallery (Galleria Doria Pamphilj)House of Livia (Casa di Livia)Trajan's ColumnPorta MaggioreBasilica of St. John Lateran (Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano)Rome Civitavecchia Cruise Port (Civitavecchia Terminal Crociere)