- On-the-ground tour of Rome's most famous sites
- Personalized attention on a small group tour
- Guaranteed English commentary
- Enjoy a home-made Italian gelato in summer or a cappuccino or hot chocolate in winter
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Standard Tour: Near the Piazza di Spagna metro station entrance under the palm trees in the piazza next to the red ‘M’ sign. Your City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition.
Super Saver Upgrade: AM tour: At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". PM Tour: Near the Piazza di Spagna metro station entrance under the palm trees in the piazza next to the red ‘M’ sign.
What To Expect
Stop at the fountain to post for photos and throw a coin in the water, if you wish, which legend says ensures your return to Rome someday. Then continue to the square that Romans consider to be the center of the city, Piazza Colonna, home to a column erected by Marcus Aurelius. Make your way to the Pantheon, a stately temple known for its concrete dome and open oculus, before heading to Piazza Navona, one of Rome’s liveliest squares, where street artists show off their talents and visitors mingle around Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers.
Please note: The Pantheon is closed on Saturdays for mass. If your tour takes place on a Saturday, you’ll listen to explanation about the Pantheon from the outside.
Optional Colosseum and Ancient Rome upgrade:
When booking, you have the option to upgrade your walking tour to include an additional tour of Rome’s ancient attractions, including the Colosseum. This is a morning tour, so it would take place first, starting with a leisurely walk up Oppian Hill for a view of the Colosseum.
Then head back down and enter the Colosseum, skipping the main entrance line with your priority-access ticket. With your guide, walk around the first and second levels of this legendary amphitheater, listening to stories about the gory gladiator battles that once took place here. Next, walk over to the Roman Forum, passing by the Arch of Constantine, and climb up Palatine Hill for more views. You’ll end on Via Sacra, a main road that links the Colosseum to Capitoline Hill. You have about two hours of free time before the Best of Rome walking tour starts so you can have lunch or take a break on your own (own expense).
By booking these two tours together, you'll save 13% compared to booking them separately.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: The Pantheon is closed on Saturday for Mass. Full explanation about the Pantheon will be given from the outside
- There will be ongoing restoration work on (or to the buildings surrounding) the Spanish Steps, this will cause some visual disturbance and will affect the viewing and photo opportunities of these monuments
- Entrance into the Pantheon requires a strict dress code (as it is a church). Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Best of Rome Walking Tour: Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and Trevi Fountain.