3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Trade the bustle of the big city for a day out amidst greenery and ancient monuments on this half-day cycling tour. Your route is the Appian Way (Appia Antica)—a road which leads southeast of Rome, and which was one of the city’s most important ancient thoroughfares. Follow your guide past imposing aqueducts, see key landmarks like the Catacombs of San Callisto, and ride through the Appian Way Regional Park.
- A half-day cycling tour lets you get up close with Rome’s wild scenery
- Learn all about the history of this ancient route from your guide
- See a side of Rome that many visitors miss
- All cycling equipment is included, as are audio headsets
Saved to wishlist!
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Professional art historian guide
Use of bicycle
Use of helmet
Food and drinks
Food and drinks, unless specified
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Departure PointProvince of Rome, Province of Rome, Lazio
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GAZEBIKE
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 64295P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Audio GuidesMountain Bike ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportRomeAudio Guides - Lake BraccianoMountain Bike Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoAudio Guides - Lake BolsenaMountain Bike Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaAudio Guides - AssisiMountain Bike Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiCategory
Piazza di SpagnaBasilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica di San Paolo Fuori le Mura)Piazza del CampidoglioTiber River (Fiume Tevere)Quirinale Palace (Palazzo del Quirinale)Chiesa Nuova (Chiesa di Santa Maria in Vallicella)St. Peter's Dome (Cupola di San Pietro)TrastevereEtruscan Necropolises of Cerveteri and Tarquinia (Necropoli Etrusche di Cerveteri e Tarquinia) Piazza del PopoloSt. Nicholas Basilica in Carcere (Basilica San Nicola)Villa of the Quintilii (Villa dei Quintili)Orange Garden (Giardino degli Aranci)National Roman Museum (Museo Nazionale Romano)–Palazzo Massimo alle Terme Raphael's Rooms (Stanze di Raffaello)Basilica di Sant'Andrea della ValleRome Civitavecchia Cruise Port (Civitavecchia Terminal Crociere)Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi)Basilica of San Clemente al Laterano (Basilica di San Clemente al Laterano)Largo di Torre Argentina