3 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Discover the history and culture of Roatan’s native Garifuna people on this half-day guided tour. First, stop at a sanctuary park for monkeys and sloths where you’ll be able to learn about the creatures. From there, visit the Garifuna Culture Center to see a demonstration of their native dance and more. The excursion wraps up with a boat tour of the Oak Ridge fishing village and its mangroves.
- Ideal for first-time visitors, this tour offers an overview of the island
- Choose between several morning departure times
- Entrance fees to the park and center are included
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Air conditioned Car, van, or bus
Motor Boat Tour
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide ( English & Spanish)
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Roatan Anderson Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Roatan Shore Excursion: Punta Gorda Garifuna History and Mangrove Tunnel ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Roatan Shore Excursion: Punta Gorda Garifuna History and Mangrove Tunnel ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Roatan Shore Excursion: Punta Gorda Garifuna History and Mangrove Tunnel ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Roatan Shore Excursion: Punta Gorda Garifuna History and Mangrove Tunnel ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRoatanShore Excursions - San Pedro SulaBus Tours - San Pedro SulaPorts of Call Tours - San Pedro SulaHistorical Tours - San Pedro SulaShore Excursions - HopkinsBus Tours - HopkinsPorts of Call Tours - HopkinsHistorical Tours - HopkinsShore Excursions - Belize CityBus Tours - Belize CityPorts of Call Tours - Belize CityHistorical Tours - Belize CityCategory