4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Roatan Island is a popular destination for cruises from Honduras, but many island tours only take in the top attractions. This half-day island tour is run by local guides, so you can learn more about Roatan culture as you visit Panorama Hill, Coxen Hole, and French Harbor; spot sloths and monkeys at Victor's Monkey Business; then dive in to swim and snorkel at West Bay Beach.
- Half-day sightseeing tour of Roatan Island
- Take the views from Roatan's Panorama Hill
- Experience local life in the villages of Coxen Hole, French Harbor, Sandy Bay, and West End
- Spot monkeys, sloths, and parrots at Victor's Monkey Business
- Enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and water sports at West Bay Beach
- Great-value tour includes port pickup, entrance fees, and round-trip transport
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Port pickup and drop-off
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Food and drinks
Snorkel Gear, Kayaks, Canoes, Jet-Skis, Water-based activities, etc. (available on-site for additional fees)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
This tour is for Cruise Ship guests only! If you're staying on-island, check out our Best of Roatan Tour (Product code: 39620P6)
Roatan has two Cruise Ship Terminals -- Please check below for meeting location for your arrival dock below:
1) Port of Roatan Cruise Terminal (NCL, RCI, MSC, etc.): As you exit your ship, Pass the Shopping Plaza stores. Take a right at the restrooms past the shops and wrap-around building to the Independent Tours booths. Look for the Bodden Tours kiosk (it will have a large VICTOR BODDEN sign and will be in position #2 in the Independent Tours area.) One of our representatives will greet you at the kiosk, locate your name on our list and introduce you to your guide for the day.
2) Mahogany Bay Cruise Center (Carnival, Princess, AIDA, Costa, Holland American, P&O, etc): As you exit your ship, customers on Local Independent Tours will be required by Carnival Corporation to exit their dock area through the gates and walk over the hill to the main road. Once outside the gates and over the hill, look for our representatives holding VICTOR BODDEN signs. One of our representatives will greet you, locate your name on our list and introduce you to your guide for the day. At the end of your tour day, we ARE able to drop you off to the entrance of the dock...so you will only have to do this long walk one-way, when you first arrive.
a. Once you are outside the cruise compound, look for the VICTOR BODDEN signs and shirts!!
b. The Port Manager of the Mahogany Bay Cruise Center has negotiated with the on-site Taxi Association to provide transportation, if required, to the Independent Tours meeting area over the hill. The negotiated flat-rate for this taxi service is $2 per person. Please see the Taxi Dispatcher (in the Green Mahogany Bay shirt) to arrange for your group to utilize this service -- tell them that you need the $2 per person transport to Victor Bodden Tours on the other side of the hill. Or, if you'd rather, you can still walk over the hill (approximately 350 yards) to the designated area.
- Mahogany Bay Cruise Center (Carnival, Princess, Costa, Discovery, HAL, P&O, etc)
- Port of Roatan in Coxen Hole (RCI, NCL, MSC, TUI, Regent, Oceania, etc)
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
3/1/2017 - 12/31/2031
|Monday:||07:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||07:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||07:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
|Thursday:||07:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
|Friday:||07:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
|Sunday:||07:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour available for CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS, only!
- Our 4 to 5-Hour Roatan Island Cultural Sightseeing Tour including West Bay Beach Resort departs our assembly area at your port one hour after your ship's arrival at the dock. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure to check-in. Guests not arriving in-time will not be able to tour and tour fees will not be refunded.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time. Regardless of times entered, our 4 to 5-Hour Roatan Island Cultural Sightseeing Tour including West Bay Beach Resort departs our assembly area at your port one hour after your ship's arrival at the dock.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure to check-in. Guests not arriving in-time will not be able to tour and tour fees will not be refunded.
- Visiting Victor's Monkey Business and entering the animal habitats is optional. Visiting the animal habitats and touching/holding the animals is not in any way encouraged or required to participate in this tour. While others in your tour group are visiting Victor's Monkey Business, alternative activities are available.
- *Sloths are on "Island Time" and only give hugs until 11AM. After 11AM, we have a "Selfies-Only" policy with our sleeping sloths!
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Our average Fun-n-Sun tour length is 4 to 5 hours. If your ship's itinerary is unusually short (or long), the timing and number of our Highlights stops may be shortened or extended.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- For our Optional Animal Interactions: any feeding or touching of the animals is conducted under the supervision of trained officials, any physical contact between the animals and the guests is initiated by the animals themselves and the animals have the freedom to disengage from that contact at their own will.
- Our Sancturay Animals DO NOT perform demeaning tricks or other unnatural behaviours in front of the general public, and are NOT featured as part of a live circus or stage entertainment act in a demeaning manner
- Victor's Monkey Business is a licensed zoological park by Honduran Government, dedicated to the preservation of endangered species native to the mainland of Honduras.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bodden Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 4-to-5 Hour Cultural Sightseeing Tour, Optional Monkeys/Sloths & West Bay Resort?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during 4-to-5 Hour Cultural Sightseeing Tour, Optional Monkeys/Sloths & West Bay Resort?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 4-to-5 Hour Cultural Sightseeing Tour, Optional Monkeys/Sloths & West Bay Resort?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 4-to-5 Hour Cultural Sightseeing Tour, Optional Monkeys/Sloths & West Bay Resort?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Bring extra money if you want to do activities at the beach." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
4-to-5 Hour Cultural Sightseeing Tour, Optional Monkeys/Sloths & West Bay Resort
4 to 5 hours
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifePorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingRoatanShore Excursions - San Pedro SulaBus Tours - San Pedro SulaNature and Wildlife - San Pedro SulaPorts of Call Tours - San Pedro SulaHalf-day Tours - San Pedro SulaShore Excursions - HopkinsBus Tours - HopkinsNature and Wildlife - HopkinsPorts of Call Tours - HopkinsHalf-day Tours - HopkinsShore Excursions - Belize CityBus Tours - Belize CityNature and Wildlife - Belize CityPorts of Call Tours - Belize CityHalf-day Tours - Belize CityCategory