- Embark on a gentle trek through Tijuca National Park to Cachoeira dos Macacos (Waterfall of the Monkeys)
- Take photos at Vista Chinesa, Emperor's Table, and Mayrink Chapel
- Learn about the flora of the Mata Atlântica from your local guide
- Roundtrip transport from selected Rio de Janeiro hotels included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
On your drive, listen as your guide details the importance of the Mata Atlântica ecosystem — part of the vast and protected Mata Biosphere Reserve, which covers fourteen states in Brazil.
When you reach the forest, disembark for an easy, 15-30 minute hike on a gradual trail. Follow your guide to the crystal-clear cascade of Cachoeira dos Macacos and pass the picturesque waterfalls of Cascatinha.
During the Jeep tour, stop at Vista Chinesa for panoramic views of Copacabana, Ipanema, and Guanabara Bay. Look for sloths, monkeys, butterflies, and birds. Make stops at Mayrink Chapel and Emperor's Table.
When your 4-hour eco-adventure has come to a close, return to your Rio de Janeiro hotel for drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a bottle of water, sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat in case it’s hot
- Stay tuned to the neighborhood where your hotel is located. There are two pick up options available with different prices.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms