- Get a feel for the best of Rio on a walking tour
- Navigate the narrow streets and appreciate the historic Architecture around Rio de Janeiro
- Discover Rio's famous sites including Sao Bento Monastery and the Imperial Palace
- Roundtrip transfers from Rio de Janeiro hotels included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Roundtrip transfer available from most hotels located in Rio's South Zone. Please stay at the hotel lobby 10 minutes before pick up time.
What To Expect
Visit the Rio's most impressive church, Nossa Senhora de Cadelária, as well as the ornate São Bento Monastery to view its paintings and gilt carvings. Stop by Praça XV do Novembro, where Brazil's emperors were crowned in the 1800s and many other important historical events took place. View the Portuguese-style Paço Imperial (Imperial Palace), built for Brazil's rulers as a home and workplace in the 1700s. Enjoy engaging commentary from your local guide while you walk, and feel free to ask any questions about the history or culture of Brazil.
Continue your tour with a stroll down Uruguaiana Street, which takes you to the Metropolitan Cathedral and Carioca Square. Your tour concludes here, and you are free to explore the area on your own or enjoy a ride back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Rio de Janeiro Half-Day Walking Tour.