4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Rio de Janeiro is much-loved by travelers for its sun, sand, and samba, but this tour takes you deeper into the city’s history and culture. Your guide will take you to the most important places in the city’s history of civil rights and immerse you in Afro-Brazilian culture and traditions while teaching you about the struggle for the abolition of slavery in Brazil. The tour concludes at a samba school where you will learn about the engaging dance form’s history of resistance.
- Small-group tour (maximum 15) ensures a personal experience
- Get insight into local history and culture from your guide
- See places missed by most visitors to Rio
- Includes entrance to Cidade Do Samba
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Praça Floriano, 1 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20031-050, Brazil
Cidade do Samba - Gamboa, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brazil
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rio by Foot - Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Afro Walking Tour - Samba and resistance ?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Afro Walking Tour - Samba and resistance ?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Afro Walking Tour - Samba and resistance ?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingTrolley Tours Historical ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingRio de JaneiroHiking - Southeast BrazilTrolley Tours - Southeast BrazilHistorical Tours - Southeast BrazilArt Tours - Southeast BrazilHalf-day Tours - Southeast BrazilHiking - SantosTrolley Tours - SantosHistorical Tours - SantosArt Tours - SantosHalf-day Tours - SantosHiking - Belo HorizonteTrolley Tours - Belo HorizonteHistorical Tours - Belo HorizonteArt Tours - Belo HorizonteHalf-day Tours - Belo HorizonteCategory
Moreira Salles Institute (Instituto Moreira Salles)Sao Francisco da Penitencia Church (Igreja Sao Francisco da Penitencia)Pepino Beach (Praia do Pepino)Cervejaria Bohemia (Bohemia Brewery)Morro da UrcaAquaRio AquariumRio de Janeiro Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana de Sao Sebastiao)FlamengoQuinta da Boa Vista Park (Parque da Quinta da Boa Vista)Rio de Janeiro Municipal Theater (Theatro Municipal)Roberto Burle Marx Site (Sítio Roberto Burle Marx)Recreio dos Bandeirantes BeachFloriano Peixoto Square (Cinelandia)Santa Cruz da Barra Fortress (Fortaleza de Santa Cruz da Barra)Pedra da GaveaNiteroiIpanema Hippie Fair (Feira Hippie de Ipanema)Casa Franca-BrasilGuanabara BayMirante Dona Marta