- Full-day guided tour from Rio de Janeiro to Petrópolis, also known as the Imperial City
- Visit St Peter of Alcantara Cathedral and observe royal burial sites
- Upgrade and take a tour of Cervejaria Bohemia (entrance fee and beer tasting included)
- Museum entrance fee and round-trip transport from most Rio de Janeiro hotels included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
When you arrive in Petrópolis, tucked in the forested hills of the Serra dos Órgãos, start your tour at the Imperial Museum. Located in the former palace of Pedro II, the Austrian-style palace from 1845 gives a glimpse into how Brazil's royalty once lived. See the ostentatious imperial crown, decorated with over 600 diamonds as well as luxurious tapestries and antique furniture.
Visit St Peter of Alcantara Cathedral to admire its Gothic-style architecture and pay respects to the burial place of Brazil's last emperor. Then, take a walk through a tranquil park to the Crystal Palace, a glass and steel ballroom imported from France as a gift for Princess Isabel. Listen as your guide describes the lavish parties and royal exhibitions once held there.
Head back to the center of town to purchase lunch (own expense.) After lunch and some free time to explore on your own, your vehicle will head back to Rio for drop-off at your hotel.
Tour Upgrade: Visit to Cervejaria BohemiaTake a tour of the factory to learn about Brazil's popular lager, which was first produced in 1853. Use your coded wristband to take advantage of the brewery's interactive exhibits and learn about the history of beer. End the tour with a taste of some freshly-brewed Bohemia, then spend some time trying other beers (own expense) or snacks in the brewery's bar and restaurant.
At the conclusion of your day exploring Petrópolis, enjoy drop-off at your Rio hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Stroller accessible
- Tour has free time for visiting other main sights. Only tickets for Imperial Museum are included in price. Entrance fees to any other attractions are not inlcuded.
- Most travelers can participate
- Entrance fees to Santos Dumont House: BRL 8,00
- Entrance to Bohemia Beer Factory: BRL 39,00
- Prices are approximated and subject to change without notice.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms