5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Nothing says Brazil like Samba, whose roots go back to the colonial days when millions of Africans arrived via the slave trade. It's hard to imagine how something so terrible could produce something so beautiful and joyous, but that’s the story of Samba told in intimate detail during this tour of Little Africa and the City of Samba. Go behind the scenes of Rio’s Carnival celebration and visit several culturally significant sites including Volongo Warf, a potential UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Discover the fascinating history of Samba by visiting key sites
- Go behind-the-scenes of Rio’s world-famous Carnival celebration
- Connect with Quilombo culture with a visit to Pedra do sal
- Tour Valongo Wharf in Little Africa, once a major hub of the slave trade
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001, Brazil
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wowtour Experience
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Little Africa And The City Of Samba: Where Dreams Come True?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Little Africa And The City Of Samba: Where Dreams Come True?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Little Africa And The City Of Samba: Where Dreams Come True?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Little Africa And The City Of Samba: Where Dreams Come True?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursCity ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingRio de JaneiroShore Excursions - Southeast BrazilBus Tours - Southeast BrazilCity Tours - Southeast BrazilPorts of Call Tours - Southeast BrazilHalf-day Tours - Southeast BrazilShore Excursions - SantosBus Tours - SantosCity Tours - SantosPorts of Call Tours - SantosHalf-day Tours - SantosShore Excursions - Belo HorizonteBus Tours - Belo HorizonteCity Tours - Belo HorizontePorts of Call Tours - Belo HorizonteHalf-day Tours - Belo HorizonteCategory
Ruins Park (Parque das Ruínas)Praca Quinze de NovembroPedra da GaveaUrcaImperial MuseumLapa NeighborhoodMuseum of Tomorrow (Museu do Amanha)BotafogoPetropolisRio-Niteroi Bridge (Ponte Rio-Niteroi)La Candelaria Church (Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria)Santos Dumont House Museum (Museu Casa de Santos Dumont)Sambadrome (Sambadrome Marques de Sapucaí)Petropolis Wax Museum (Museu de Cera de Petrópolis)Santa Cruz da Barra Fortress (Fortaleza de Santa Cruz da Barra)Roberto Burle Marx Site (Sítio Roberto Burle Marx)Corcovado Train (Trem do Corcovado)Paineiras Road (Estrada das Paineiras)Sao Bento Monastery (Mosteiro de Sao Bento)Catete Palace (Palácio do Catete)