- 5-hour sightseeing cruise from Rio
- Get views of Rio's landmarks such as the Christ the Redeemer statue, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Copacabana
- See Fortaleza de Santa Cruz de Barra and the Fortaleza São João da Barra do Rio de Janeiro
- Make a stop for swimming and relaxing at a local beach
- Pickup and drop-off from Rio hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from most hotels in the areas of Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Flamengo and Downtown (Centro). Contact us back to adjust the pickup time.
For Barra da Tijuca/ Recreio we provide pick-up for an additional 10 USD per person that must be paid directly to the tour guide on the day of the tour.
- Pier Mauá
What To Expect
Relax as the comfortable boat sails away from shore, giving way to epic views of the lush foliage and looming mountains that make Rio such a famously scenic city. Watch the colorful beachfront of Rio, including bustling Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, glide by as you head toward the vibrant neighborhoods of Botafogo, Flamengo and Urca.
Grab your camera for photo ops of Rio's two most famous mountains, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Corcovado Mountain, topped by the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue.
Sail past the 16th-century Fortaleza de Santa Cruz de Barra and the Fortaleza de São João da Barra do Rio de Janeiro, perched on a hillside. Pass islands scattered throughout the bay and get views of the longest bridge in the southern hemisphere, the Rio-Niterói bridge.
Along the journey, learn about the culture, history and traditions of the citizens of Rio from your guide. Bring your swimsuit and towel to take advantage of a local beach stop.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- We contact you back in order to provide proper pickup time. Check your emails and/or cell phone.
- If requested, you must present a copy of your ID.
- Duration of the boat trip: approximately 2 hours.
- Panoramic tour. Diving not included.
- For pickup in Barra/ Recreio, additional of USD 10 per person to be paid directly at the tour guide.
- Minimum of 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rio Carioca Tour Ltda
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Guanabara Bay Cruise Half-Day Tour in Rio de Janeiro with Transfer.